The main component of the Face Frontier is the website: www.facefrontier.com (The other main component is the server side computer vision, which trains expression classifiers and handles the face swapping.)
I have changed the website's design A LOT. In the past week, I redesigned it yet again to make it look a lot like imgur.
One of the things Face Frontier does is let you swap your face with a meme.
|It'll also let you swap memes with each other...|
So if you swap the original (er, more like, version 5.67) Face Frontier...
|Previous face frontier|
|NEW, imgur-inspired face frontier!|
The basic components I copied from imgur were:
- grid of interesting and recent and highly rated content
- being able to interact with that grid and rate stuff and get involved right away
- clicking on something on the grid to get more information and rating details about it
- boxes on the side for
- adding your own content directly
- getting at content from a different axis
- prev/next navigation with the keyboard arrow keys when viewing a specific piece of content, so it's possible to just browse content forever...
Short term results:
- Lots of positive feedback from the friends who pushed me to do this redesign in the first place
- A little bit of stickiness (30-40 pictures a day), people actually using it, without it being a direct response to me sharing something online
Obviously I need to get those numbers up so that this dataset can be REALLY BIG and REALLY USEFUL. There's still a lot to improve and a lot of features that would probably make the whole thing even more satisfying... but currently, I'm quite happy with it!