Back to blogging in 2020!

What I really care about

I'm often on one side or the other of a certain kind of conversation. One where one person is describing what they're working on to someone else, but they sound unconvinced somehow, and then without being prompted, they say:

"But you know, what I actually want to work on is {xyz}..."

Capturing spontaneous idea excitement with something like google glass!

Last time someone said something like that in my presence, it gave me an idea. My first "huh, if only I had google glass right now." I wanted to have recorded them saying that, and then at some point in the future, be able to send them the video. Maybe not right away because they might not be in a position to change what they're working on, but some time in the future when there are more options.

In general, it's helpful to know what other people and yourself actually, genuinely, really care about and find interesting.

Comments