Back to blogging in 2020!

How to put a plastic adirondack chair into a honda civic

I recommend trying to put the chair into the car like this:
Chairs in cars

None of the other ways seemed to work, for example: the trunk and the back door. The legs and the arms and the back... they just don't play nice with the shape of the car doors.

But that configuration there... It doesn't mean the plastic chair has to hang out upside down on the front passenger seat like that... (in fact, the door won't close and the arm rest is obstructing the gear shift ) Once it's inside the car, if you recline the passenger seat and maybe the driver seat, you can twirl the chair around inside the car all you want.

Then maybe you can fit two chairs!
Chairs in cars

This was a very satisfying project... to not have to return these chairs "because they won't fit in my car" and to get to wrestle them home to my deck where I sat on them in balmy May-Seattle weather until about 10:30pm. 

Comments

  1. Believe it or not, this was actually really useful. Back in May I bought some of these chairs. Before going to buy them I googled it - as a joke more or less, not expecting to find an answer. And I found your site! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, this was actually really useful. Back in May I bought some of these chairs. Before going to buy them I googled it - as a joke more or less, not expecting to find an answer. And I found your site! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also googled "can I fit an adirondack chair in my camry" as a joke and was delighted when this popped up as the first result. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enthralled by the author's capacity to write in this heavenly way.
    best-chair-gyms

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thinks a blog can help your website to get ranked and improve search engine visibility. Good going. Adirondack Chair

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came here to say, I just bought an adirondack with a footrest AND a ricking chair, and they wanted to charge me $200 to deliver it. But I was like no, let me try. I googled before I went and saw this post. It further inspired me. Sure enough, with all the seats laid flat, everything fit! I could have fit another couple footrests in there, honestly. Very satisfying. Eat that, $200 Fee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment